Preferred Packaging Products was founded in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and we understand just how important it is to protect our environment and preserve its beauty and natural wonders for future generations.
We are committed to doing our part by offering products made from more sustainable materials, shifting towards greener business operations, and fostering a safe and welcoming work environment.The Team at Preferred Packaging Products
We encourage you to join us in sustainable awareness to make your packaging and shipping more efficient and environmentally responsible.
How Are We Promoting Sustainability at Preferred Packaging?
1) Our Product and Materials Selection
We offer many products that are made from recyclable and reusable materials. We are also working hard to ensure that more and more of our product selection consists of recyclable, reusable, or biodegradable materials. We want to do our part to reduce material waste and make the packaging industry greener.
- Recycling rates for packaging materials have been picking up over the years – of the 67 million tons of cardboard and paper waste thrown away in the US in 2018, approximately 46 million tons were recycled (about 68%). Corrugated boxes specifically had a recycle rate of over 96%!
- Sustainable void filler materials such as cornstarch-based filler products, shredded cardboard, and air pillows are becoming much more commonplace and can generally be used multiple times.
- Advanced packaging materials including bio foam (aka “green foam”) and plant-based cellulose are seeing increased use in the packaging industry. We are incredibly excited by the prospect these new materials bring to reduce the use of single-use plastics and other less sustainable materials.
2) Our Business and Operations
We are also working to reduce our environmental impact by making our operations greener. Some of the methods we are implementing to shrink our carbon footprint include:
- Increasing in-house recycling and using more sustainable products and materials in everyday operations
- Reducing our energy consumption in both our warehouses and offices by using energy-efficient lighting and cutting down on “vampire power”
- Working to reduce fleet fuel consumption and emissions by optimizing routes and shipment loads
3) Our Work Environment and Culture
Sustainability starts from within. Everyone wants to have a safe and welcoming workplace. At Preferred Packaging, we are committed to promoting diversity and inclusivity with a work culture based on respect for all.
Every individual should feel valued and heard, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, or status within the company.The Team at Preferred Packaging Products